Networks Unlimited Africa has announced that two of its partners, Carbon Black and Attivo Networks, have won multiple awards in the 2019 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
Carbon Black, a leader in cloud-delivered, next-generation endpoint security, has been recognised as a winner in four categories and Attivo Networks, a leading company in cybersecurity deception technologies, has won in five.
The awards are sponsored by US-based Cybersecurity Insiders, a 400,000-strong member community for information security professionals whose online communities aim to inform, educate and connect professionals and technology vendors.
The 2019 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, which acknowledges companies, products and professionals that demonstrate excellence, innovation and leadership in information security, recognised Carbon Black as a winner in the following four categories:
• Best Cybersecurity Company (Gold winner – between 1,000 and 4,999 employees)
• Endpoint Security for Predictive Security Cloud (Gold winner)
• Endpoint Detection and response for CB ThreatHunter (Silver winner)
• Cybersecurity Project of the Year – North America, for the Carbon Black Quarterly Incident Response Threat
Report (Silver winner)
Attivo was a winner in the following categories:
• Best Cybersecurity Startup (Gold winner – between 100 to 499 employees)
• Fastest Growing Cybersecurity Company (Gold winner – between 100 to 499 employees)
• Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response (Gold winner) – for Attivo Networks ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform
• ICS/SCADA Security (Silver winner) – for Attivo Networks ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform
• IoT Security (Silver winner) – for Attivo Networks ThreatDefend™ Deception and Response Platform
The winners are selected based on the strength of their nomination as well as the popular vote by members of the Information Security Community.
“Carbon Black’s showing in the 2019 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards is a testament to the hard work our team puts in everyday to build innovative cybersecurity solutions that keep our 5,000-plus global customers safe from attacks,” said Tom Kellermann, Carbon Black’s Chief Cybersecurity Officer. “Congratulations to all of this year’s winners.”
“We are grateful for the industry’s recognition of the company’s successes, the impact its deception technology innovation is making, and for its contributions towards advancements in cybersecurity. It is truly an honour to receive these five 2019 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards,” said Attivo Networks CEO, Tushar Kothari. “Attivo Networks remains committed to delivering the most innovative and comprehensive deception platform that efficiently solves the complex issues of in-network threat visibility and lateral movement detection. This commitment has fueled our tremendous growth and we are excited to build upon this momentum in 2019.”
Anton Jacobsz, CEO of value-added distributor Networks Unlimited Africa, concluded, “In today’s rapidly changing threat landscape, this slew of awards from a network of information security professionals is a high honour. We are extremely pleased to be associated with two such highly innovative and effective companies, which both have, at heart, the ethos of playing their particular roles in keeping the world safe from cyberattacks in their very different yet equally vital ways.”